buying one record reviewed in The Wire each month

561 Replies, 380827 Views

I'm so behind with all this Oops Lol Oops Mutley-ani1

Got an email back from Diggedy Derek about what writing of his is in the next issue. Apparently there's a couple of things in there, as well as a big folk review of music on the Topic label (see my Vinyl Spotlight SoundCloud Podcast on Gary/Vera Aspey and Nils Lofgren). It's just nice to hear from him, as always. He replied within minutes, as usual, and it was past 5pm. Good of him.

I still have Exact Editions login to Wire and back issues, so I know what is going down. I struggle to read much nowadays though, as in BIIIIIINNNNNNGGGGGGGEEEEESSS.

I tell you, at least you Jon, that I was a lot more "past/present" focused in my early twenties; I had a lot more concentration. In my late twenties I was going future/past with the advent of asylum.

And now here I am, with my soulmate, and we just live for the moment now. Completely. No memory. A little vignette or thought for the past, but ultimately living fully in the present locum.

Speaking of contemporary focus, Oren Ambarchi is this month's cover hero. I love his stuff. "Live Knots" I have on CD; brilliant free jizz. "Trailing Moss In The Mystic Glow" is his best Ambient work.

Perhaps one of the ideas for reading could be to ...eurgh, there are never many options, or there are infinites. They do not seem very appealing. I'm a musician. I'm a writer. Can't stop writing, myself.

I think that sense of "deja vu, deja view" is too strong because, with most writing out there, I know I could have actively written it myself. It's called music. The ability to psychically synchronize to task.

Where are you at with the back issues Jon?

Messages In This Thread
RE: buying one record reviewed in The Wire each month - by Muttley - 18th July 2019, 07:26

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Wire Rothko 327 140,310 11th March 2018, 21:22
Last Post: Muttley
  NEWS FL News - Reviewed by Ontario reviewer Delmore Muttley 1 3,833 16th January 2018, 18:40
  RELEASE Wire: Britt Brown on "negative reviews" - www.thewire.co.uk Muttley 4 6,874 6th October 2017, 12:38
  Nurse With Wound - The Wire Interview kris 19 21,200 1st December 2015, 12:07
Last Post: Statto
  Gilles Peterson's guide to record buying, bullies and beating the competition Statto 3 5,773 20th April 2015, 15:45
Last Post: Law