buying one record reviewed in The Wire each month

561 Replies, 381141 Views

Reads greater than most of my offal, my good friend...and by the way the recent Twitter post didn't have you in mind...that was directed at the marketing tedium of so-called experts ambient "limited editions" Roll

Everyone, if you only read one of the SC Blogspot extractions in the last 12 months, read Stattos. Really well done, presented and of course totally unbiased. Btw Jon, don't feel paranoid or pressured to follow me. SC mainstay now is best split around places stealthily IMO.

I am going to listen to as much as possible of this stuff BTW. I have literally millions of promos left untouched from first read - as in coming into contact with them; the reason I struggle to get back is because of our time issue:

Tamaryn - Cranekiss LP (Spotify, Bandcamp, YouTube)

Recommended, Jon!

I do not think I have recommended this to you before specifically.

Post-punk kind of vibe, mixed with darkwave and ebm.

"Sugar Fix" is a real trip of a tune.

In SubVersion news, there is a new post from me, about altruism.

Eno was always heavily into that I believe...at least from recalling Wire writer David Toop's Ocean Of Sound.

I cannot be bothered to write another book this year...it was transferred pre-edit.

All I'm left with is the entire pre-draft and a illustrious email text that is a total head-bender to trawl through.

Messages In This Thread
RE: buying one record reviewed in The Wire each month - by Muttley - 13th January 2020, 23:14

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Wire Rothko 327 140,369 11th March 2018, 21:22
Last Post: Muttley
  NEWS FL News - Reviewed by Ontario reviewer Delmore Muttley 1 3,835 16th January 2018, 18:40
  RELEASE Wire: Britt Brown on "negative reviews" - www.thewire.co.uk Muttley 4 6,874 6th October 2017, 12:38
  Nurse With Wound - The Wire Interview kris 19 21,202 1st December 2015, 12:07
Last Post: Statto
  Gilles Peterson's guide to record buying, bullies and beating the competition Statto 3 5,773 20th April 2015, 15:45
Last Post: Law