So one of my best friends has gone missing :(

115 Replies, 20589 Views

http://www.thelocal.se/10566/20080318/

This is not good! Icon_sad
Icon_sad
Icon_eek
holy shit!!!
...it's like a bloody LIBRARY out there!!! http://twitter.com/executivesteve
Damn, these weird disappearing cases are chilling...
for a sec i thought that was a strange attempt at safetyhumor.

thats fucking awful news. hope he shows up soon.
Jesus Christ!

I hope he is found soon

Hugs
Co..Cou...Could you possibly rewind and come again?
Icon_sad Sorry to hear that mate.
Icon_sad Hugs

This happened to a friend of ours boyfriend in Brighton - turned out he had undiagnosed diabetes and had a hypoglycemic episode (basically went temporarily nuts) and ended up in a hospital after wandering the streets for a weekend. I don't know why I'm mentioning that, other than to say that it isn't always the worst-case.
thats really strange that he left his coat and phone in the restaurant. any cameras in the area? what time was it?
hope he is found safe and sound mate

peace
MetaLX Wrote:thats really strange that he left his coat and phone in the restaurant. any cameras in the area? what time was it?

Around 11.45 at night i think! that was the last time his credit card was used. The cops are with my cousin now and are going to check the cctv around the Restaurant and see which direction he went off in! we've tried all the hospitals but nothing there. I'm getting really nervous now Icon_sad
i hope he is found safe, keep us posted Icon_sad
Fushara
hopefully its something like this!!

murt Wrote:I see the police are involved by now so checking out the hospitals and prisons is probably covered. Might be a long shot but if he was drunk or messing around the police could have arrested him and can hold him for 5 days, im not sure if they have to inform family/relatives during this time. I know this because you know where i used to work on the south side of Stockholm and i came accross a few distressed ppl in such a situation, where they were held and couldnt get word to family. Im not sure if the police/authorities are even allowed to inform you of his whereabouts, seeing as your "just a friend" you know how strict they can be about such things.

anyway, hope it goes well

/Murt
Link didnt work for me but hope hes safe mate
For News/Audio/Bookings/Videos www.djtrax.wordpress.com
Icon_sad
Icon_sad
'There's no such thing as selling out just buying in'

Chuck D
Icon_sad hope hes found and ok man
So they have 40+ polis out on the job Icon_sad they have mobile units and sniffer dogs around the area! i'm scared Icon_sad

this is where he walked out of on saturday

i dunno what to do!!
i was just thinking about your friend earlier today. at least hes got a bunch of people out looking for him.

how is that area? is is a seedy place or ok for tourists? crime stats, etc?

keep the faith
No crime. a quite residential area.

But he always rings me when he's lost his phone or is drunk on his own.

He was ment to be in work yesterday and never calls in sick or misses a day. He makes a lot of money at his job, Double of what i make, he never has a wallet only credit cards and bank cards in his pocket.

He has bad Asthma but always carries an inhailer. the polis reckon he got lost looking for a shop to buy cigarettes and might have got into an apartment block and got locked in!! but he got lost on Friday night and managed to ring me early on saturday morning from a public phone and i was able to get him hooked back up with my cousin. but he's been gone since Saturday night now and his Girlfriend is back from san francisco and in Sweden now with his Mam and a friend of ours. Its really getting Scary and i really cant handle this feeling of helplessness
Icon_sad

Hang in there mate. Useless words I know.

Hugs
Sorry to hear that Jay, hope things work out ok.
Keep JUMPin ya Bastids
Jesus Jay, shocking news. Just keep thinking its a relatively low crime area.
Co..Cou...Could you possibly rewind and come again?
What can you say to help a situation like this?

absolutely gutted to think of having to deal with that kind of situation mate, and it's easy to sit and bleat advice when it's not happening to yourself, but it's also worth bearing in mind that sometimes people can simply be going through mad times without letting on a thing, and as a result can do things you'd never expect from them

i personally know people (inc my BEST friend, only a few months back) who've suddenly done things UNBELIEVEABLY out of character - inc mad things like 'doing one' for god knows how long - due to situations/problems that you otherwise would have absolutely no idea were going on, due to them appearing seemingly fine on the surface - i'm just saying that from my experience, really unexpected incidents like that can come out of nowhere and it doesn't mean you should instantly jump to a more sinister conclusion, or just write anything 'out of character' off, on the assumption that you know a person inside out. 'no, he'd never do that' etc, doesn't always turn out to be true....

there's prob many, many more 'rational' or at least understandable reasons for a situation like this to happen than there is otherwise, and i honestly think these are things you have to keep in mind mate

apologies if come across all 'clare rayner', i don't know shit about your situation and can't even run my own life properly, so i'll shut the fuck up - i just mean that sometimes people make decisions, regardless of whether they're good or not and that this is something else that you have to consider.

anyway, like everyone else on here, i really hope things work out mate

many regards, maff

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RELEASE Various Artists (Friends Of Foci's Left) - SlipStreamDreams Muttley 44 19,268 8th January 2017, 06:12
Last Post: Muttley
  Friends Are Electric: Free compilation out 06/05/13 Goldenchild MC 3 2,356 23rd May 2013, 14:59
Last Post: Muttley
  One of my friends... Annastay 7 2,505 25th October 2011, 16:40
Last Post: Statto
  Some friends made a song for the World Cup DJFracture 4 2,154 11th June 2010, 10:26
Last Post: cycom
  Code, Friends of yours? safetyboy 5 1,358 11th March 2010, 19:41
Last Post: rentboy