Burial's identity revealed

11 Replies, 4199 Views

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/celeb...3071575752

Twothumbs
*chortle*
[Image: jurynopoints-1.gif]
Quote:Rowling said: “I just hear beats in my head all the time. Bom-ka bom-ka, bom-ka bom-ka, bom-ka, like that.

Hahaha
Four Tet Confirms He Is Burial
widzhit Wrote:Four Tet Confirms He Is Burial

yes, I was expecting people to expect my post to be about that Wink
http://www.williambevan.co.uk/
Four Tet being Burial has to be a joke - or more accurately, a clever scattergun tactic for both producer's publicity. Bevan was interviewed in The Wire back in 2009 at the time of "Untrue" being released; there's photos of him so far and everything. The quotes could have been a cover-up insert for the real musicians' identity, being under a different name and alias, but altogether the only laughs I'm taking from this are from the Daily Mash article. The funeral directors' link isn't even a secondary source Wink

Mutley-ani1
Daily Mash just trumped you all.

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/celeb...3071575752

JK Rowling recorded two dubstep albums as Burial

15-07-13

HARRY Potter author JK Rowling has been revealed as the enigmatic dubstep producer Burial.

It's got to be beats before wizards
It’s got to be beats before wizards

The 47-year-old recorded two albums of gritty, introspective dubstep under the name Burial while also writing the Harry Potter books. She was nominated for a Mercury Music Award but didn’t turn up.

Rowling said: “I just hear beats in my head all the time. Bom-ka bom-ka, bom-ka bom-ka, bom-ka, like that.

“My label advised me to keep my identity secret because dance music producers aren’t supposed to look like assistant headmistresses.”

She added: “I only wrote Harry Potter because I was trying to get enough money together for studio equipment and a better laptop.

“The studio I’ve got now is insanely pimped out. It’s in my house so I can smoke in it and everything.”

Raver Nikki Hollis said: “I was certain I saw JK Rowling DJing at a Dalston warehouse party in 2011.

“She had her hooded top pulled right up but you could see it was her, the police turned up to bust the party but she gave them £8 million in cash, just out of her pocket, to go away.

“I was like, ‘Are you JK Rowling?’ and she replied ‘No, you’re just off your head, go and dance’.”

54-year-old Harry Potter fan Stephen Malley said: “As a Rowling completist, the diversity of her career is getting exhausting.

“I already had to wade through The Casual Vacancy, now I’ve got to stay up all night at raves, taking drugs and ruining my hearing.”
Roo Stercogburn Wrote:Daily Mash just trumped you all.

check the first link in this thread :P
Hehehe... too much confusion around those artists.
Statto Wrote:
Roo Stercogburn Wrote:Daily Mash just trumped you all.

check the first link in this thread :P

Wasn't me. Twas, uh, Lindsay Lohan that posted. Um. Yes, that's it.

Funny thing was I didn't check the op because I thought this was a thread that had been floating around for ages. I saw the Mash thing and thought AHA! There's a Fourtet thread about this.

Aaaanyway. AFK coffee. Lots of coffee Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RELEASE Concealed Identity-Hermetica/The Connection (Narratives Music) Dinsdale 5 2,890 6th July 2017, 07:44
Last Post: Statto
  Burial Album kidkut 29 7,034 10th June 2013, 09:01
Last Post: Law
  New Burial Utopian 39 9,756 15th January 2013, 00:55
Last Post: noisemonkey
  REVEALED.. Paradox Presents: THE AGE OF OUTSIDERS VOL.3 [OUTSIDERCD003] Sebadox 34 6,237 10th March 2012, 09:49
Last Post: Euphony
  Massive Attack vs Burial DIB 3 2,405 17th October 2011, 13:08
Last Post: SHIFT