Subvert Central

Full Version: ASC - "Streamline"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
oh shit!

this track is too good......too fucking good.

gotta say i hadn't heard that many of asc's tracks until i recently got some stuff from the man himself.

"streamline" is so good.....so fresh.
nice punchy beats with deep atmos and eerie vocal bits.
wicked synth sounds.

what's remarkable is that usually i ain't too wild about this sort of dnb (can't find any genre name right now...) but these tracks are something i would love to hear more often at parties.

big up asc! Falcon
It is really sad that it is a disfavored sound. Big up ASC. Script
fanu Wrote:what's remarkable is that usually i ain't too wild about this sort of dnb (can't find any genre name right now...) but these tracks are something i would love to hear more often at parties.

big up asc! Falcon

people are calling it "atmospheric dnb" at the moment... it's not great, but it'll do Smile

asc seems to enjoy championing unfavoured styles - early stuff on the i and now this stuff on covert ops etc Xyxthumbs Falcon
Falcon
Nice thread Fanu. Cheers!
As for genre classification, I really dont know what the sort of stuff I do is classed as. I just call it drum & bass. A lot of people refer to it as atmospheric dnb, but thats the sort of stuff what GLR did back when they were good. Well thats what I was calling it at the time anyway, and the stuff I am pushing at the moment is a million miles away from that sound so I dont really know. But as many of you that know me will know that I dont really give a fuck whats fashionable and what is at the forefront - I just do my own thing.

Oh well, fuck genres - Enjoy music! Smile
asc Wrote:i dont really give a fuck whats fashionable and what is at the forefront - i just do my own thing.

oh well, fuck genres - enjoy music! Smile

word!

Falcon
ASC Wrote:Oh well, fuck genres - Enjoy music! Smile

It's all good man. Atmospheric dnb and TEH EDITZZ are running it right now...
any chance of getting a CD ASC Icon_question

really like to hear what your up to @ the moment. enjoyed the one you sent me a while back via PM. Wink Smile
ASC owns us all, you just don't know it yet!!!
omgwtf audio or stfu

All these tunes I haven't heard yet. Help me. Icon_sad

Thanks to Blue by the way for helping me a bit already. Grin
Machu. Hit me up on AIM sometime, and I'll send you a few bits.
And for those that want to hear a clip of the tune Fanu is talking about:

http://www.cov-ops.co.uk/asc/audio/streamline.mp3

I dont really want to hear if you dont like it cos it doesnt have this break or 10000million edits, so dont reply if thats what you are gonna type. Roll
lol, wicked tune ASC!
yeah, i really like it too. Sounds a little like the good stuff off of audio blueprint. Grin
Form Wrote:omgwtf audio or stfu

All these tunes I haven't heard yet. Help me. Icon_sad

Thanks to Blue by the way for helping me a bit already. Grin

Check out http://www.ascaudio.com too, latest word from the man himself Wink, and you'll find lots of clips of ASC's tracks!

Great guy; very diversive producer and widening the boundaries of atmospheric dnb (in the new sense this name of genre is being used; not GLO) with every tune I hear from him. Can't wait for all these releases to come out! Smile
ASC Wrote:I dont really want to hear if you dont like it cos it doesnt have this break or 10000million edits, so dont reply if thats what you are gonna type. Roll

Hahaha
fanu Wrote:Intex Systems - "Research And Development" LP (forthcoming on Offshore)

I just wanna say that I've had the chance to check the preview of this album out........

HOLY FECKING JESUS! This is so so SO good!

It's mainly downtempo (and that is way too narrow a description I am afraid) with 3 dnb tracks, including "The Drum Track" 1&2.
17 tracks, with main focus on very deep electronic soundscapes that take you on a journey.

Icon_eek Hyper

but...

fanu Wrote:Since FSOL, I've never felt like this before when listening to music: this stuff reminds me of FSOL's "Lifeforms" so much! In a good way, I mean; Intex Systems has a style of his own no other producer I know comes close to. No other music I've heard has ever come close to FSOL if u ask me.

hmmmm Neutral
I'm with this guy...

Simon Reynolds Wrote:Lifeforms is texturology run rife: holed up in their studio, venturing out only to forage for found sounds, Dougans and Cobain bring out all the masturbatory connotations of that techno stereotype 'the knob-twiddler'. Each sampled source is treated, tinted and morphed until every last drop of 'vibe' or 'aura' is wrung out of it; the duo appear to have forgotten that the real art of sound-painting is knowing when to stop adding another layer or nuance. Like the computer-manipulated photo-montages on the sleeve and the globular shapes in FSOL videos, the music on Lifeforms combines the glossy garishness of hyper-realist painting with the varicose convolutions of Rococo.

With it's vaguely conceptual nature and over-ornamented monumentalism, Lifeforms is digital progressive rock. Robert Fripp contributed 'guitar textures' for 'Flak'; in an alarming echo of ELP and Deep Purple recording with symphony orchestras, Dougans and Cobain even attempted to do a classically scored version of 'Eggshell'. FSOL had merely translated the prog ethos of ostentatious virtuosity into sampladelic terms: their great bugbear was recognizability in sampling. When The Wire played the duo 'mystery tracks' as a spur to aesthetic debate, FSOL poured scorn on a 1992 'ardkore anthem by Sonz of A Loop Da Loop Era. 'Deplorable era and a blind time,' declared Cobain. 'Anyone who managed to keep their head in that era and not do that sort of thing has benefited. I'm coming round to the [idea] that being obvious can be really beautiful if you do it well. But that's a kind of obviousness I hate.' Strangely, while Sonz tracks are fondly regarded as rave classics and producer Danny Breaks is a highly respected drum and bass auteur, nobody – not even the reviewers who hailed FSOL as sound-sculptors non-pareil – has much to say about Lifeforms these days. It's ELP and King Crimson all over again.
bigup James!!

love and respect
The tune is quite uplifting isn't it? I get this warm feeling from it as well. It could easily be incoporated in a set to expand the musical horizon.
Jaysus ASC u must be the most rinsed producer in Dublin at the moment!
Nice one B. Long may it continue Wink
ASC Wrote:I dont really want to hear if you dont like it cos it doesnt have this break or 10000million edits, so dont reply if thats what you are gonna type. Roll

arrrrh bless.... Roll
ohhhh and for the choppage crew u have to listen to Future Enginners- The Silence (ASC rmx) Lol

but ........no release. Icon_sad
FUNXION Wrote:ohhhh and for the choppage crew u have to listen to Future Enginners- The Silence (ASC rmx) Lol

but ........no release. Icon_sad

Where can I hear this? Both sides of the original 12" are badass...
mr ASC was very kind and sent this to me so...... Roll

do u know where i can find the original Btw Twisted
Pages: 1 2