a jolly hating thread

137 Replies, 19389 Views

strike Wrote:None of it matters

oh boy, a nihilist! my favourite!
No a Neilist [Image: _40127544_students_203152.gif]
gotta say that i absolutely love what's going on, the pixies, and nirvana

i also really like radiohead, timbaland (sometimes), and the neptunes
i luv Timbaland & the Neptunes too,it's just that one single Timbaland has out at the mo that stinks and the track he did with the pussycat dolls also stink to high heaven!!!!

proper crap but he doesn't care he gets 500k per tune so he's laughing all the way 2 the bank.
'There's no such thing as selling out just buying in'

Chuck D
strike Wrote:you either like the music or you dont.

this thread is about not liking it :P
neil young - anything by him gets a hate from me. just not my cup o tea.
strike Wrote:No a Neilist [Image: _40127544_students_203152.gif]

its all getting way too heavy man
scart ridge Wrote:1. the pixies - middle-of-the-road, half-assed, whiny, meandering bullshit. would be nobody if kurt cobain didn't famously claim he stole all his ideas from them. which brings me to,

2. nirvana - truth is, i like their music, but 'nevermind' is the sound of a shitty garage band being transformed into pop music using pro tools, and it's recorded fact that good ol' dead kurt originally said he liked it and then got bitchy about it later on because he felt like it made him a fake. actually, i think he killed himself because he felt like a fake and that's what really bothers me. perhaps try quitting drugs and dumping your girlfriend who's using you to become famous and reinventing yourself instead?

5. radiohead, and particularly thom yorke - whine whine bitch whine whine. sigh, whine whine whine. their music is extremely effective at communicating that emotion, but if he's so fucking unhappy why doesn't he do something to fix it? oh, that's right, he's trapped by the record industry and his successful band. then why does his solo album still sound like the band he's trapped by? they're repeatedly reinventing their sound without reinventing themselves. shut up and find what makes you happy. fuck!

lorks alordy my pants are on fire.

3 bands whose music is ace.

fuck your personal issues, did you know them personally? you sound like you did.

ease up and stop looking so deep, christ, you make drum and bass Hahaha
Ashes Wrote:ease up and stop looking so deep

no.
strike Wrote:[Image: _40127544_students_203152.gif]

hey guys it's the pigs
scart ridge Wrote:
Ashes Wrote:ease up and stop looking so deep

no.

excellent.
scart ridge Wrote:he's not the only one, i was going to mention prince too - and i see someone else got in trouble for slating him on here! haha. it's like they have all these little ideas flying all over the place and instead of giving any particular one of them the force and focus they deserve, they stitch a bunch of them together into an overwrought patchwork that doesn't have any integrity to my ears. i believe this is a result of being afraid that the smaller ideas aren't good enough to stand on their own. complication is evidence of fear.

congratulations, that is one of the most fucking retarded things i've ever read on this board.
sileni Wrote:
scart ridge Wrote:he's not the only one, i was going to mention prince too - and i see someone else got in trouble for slating him on here! haha. it's like they have all these little ideas flying all over the place and instead of giving any particular one of them the force and focus they deserve, they stitch a bunch of them together into an overwrought patchwork that doesn't have any integrity to my ears. i believe this is a result of being afraid that the smaller ideas aren't good enough to stand on their own. complication is evidence of fear.

congratulations, that is one of the most fucking retarded things i've ever read on this board.

Lol

anything that disrespects the legend that is Prince, is retarded.

Chuck D
everyone saying they hate Timbaland basing this on his recent stuff or everything together? His beats when he first started off and a few years after when he was doing all those off-beat fast syncopated hi hats beats are disgusting, you have to check them out if you haven't. Not really into the 4/4 kick type beats of late either.
IG: @profane || soundcloud.com/profane
timbaland's the greatest producer of his time,no question.

I think he's even surpassed the Neptunes artistically but a lot of his newer stuff is just bland boring drivel!

However,u still can't ignore him because the stuff he did for Justin Timberlake & Nelly Furtado is brilliant but then he does his solo album,and pussycat dolls etc...and that stuff is attrocious.

oh & u can't forget the stuff he recently did with Bjork which definitely goes in the 'genius at work' category.

Chuck D
wow, a thread about hating the "right people" in order to prove your own coolness. Yawn

it could've worked, but obviously something went wrong. Neutral
cycom Wrote:hating the "right people"

which ones are they? Smile
Statto Wrote:
cycom Wrote:hating the "right people"

which ones are they? Smile

obviously the most accepted ones.

so the coolest around here should hate:

Macc
Equinox
Breakage
Alpha Omega
Fanu

Smile

Alternatively David Bowie, Pierre Henry, Lalo Schifrin and Pink Floyd are a nice option Hahaha
cycom Wrote:Alternatively David Bowie, Pierre Henry, Lalo Schifrin and Pink Floyd are a nice option Hahaha

ya big fool Icon_razz
sileni Wrote:

your music makes me feel the same way, like you're scared to repeat anything because that would prove you were stupid :P

devnull Wrote:If you want to achieve maximum "pissing people off" in this thread, I recommend you say something bad about "songs in the key of life"

now there's a good example of complicated music that's not wank! there are so many layers to everything but they're all working together in perfect harmony.
Right, everything that is not "pop" stems from people's intellectual inferiority complexes Roll
so one should make music that shows you take your craft seriously, but try not to write tunes that make it look like you take your craft too seriously for fear of people thinking you take things too seriously, beacause of some complex you may have which means you take things way too seriously?
cycom Wrote:Right, everything that is not "pop" stems from people's intellectual inferiority complexes Roll

no, genres are a dumb way to look at it. i think of it as intellect versus emotion - i like intellectual music when it's got emotional appeal to back it up, and i like emotional music without any intellect to it, but i don't get any enjoyment out of music that's purely intellectual. i'm not preaching gospel here, i just have strong opinions!

chris.innocence Wrote:so one should make music that shows you take your craft seriously

one should nothing.

chris.innocence Wrote:fear of people thinking

why would you fear people thinking?
some shitty thread here
Ashes Wrote:some shitty thread here

hey, it's not called 'hate on things that won't offend anybody'! :P

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Loving and hating ebay at the same time Metric 3 1,088 20th September 2006, 16:58
Last Post: socialengineer
  swiss tabloids hating on walthamstow mad marshal 4 1,273 14th August 2006, 12:57
Last Post: mad marshal
  Hating Stacks 14 2,255 23rd November 2005, 22:54
Last Post: trope
  is hating on complex drums the in thing? esb 122 13,880 6th September 2004, 11:02
Last Post: iNSiGHt