Top 20 Unfortunate Lessons Girls Learn From Twilight

25 Replies, 5594 Views

This piece of crap of a movie was airing on TV and silly me thought I would give it a try....oh boy....

1. If a boy is aloof, stand-offish, ignores you or is just plain rude, it is because he is secretly in love with you — and you are the point of his existence.

2. Secrets are good — especially life-threatening ones.

3. It’s OK for a potential romantic interest to be dimwitted, violent and vengeful — as long as he has great abs.

4. If a boy tells you to stay away from him because he is dangerous and may even kill you, he must be the love of your life. You should stay with him since he will keep you safe forever. Lol

5. If a boy leaves you, especially suddenly (while telling you he will never see you again), it is because he loves you so much he will suffer just to keep you safe.

6. When a boy leaves you, going into shock, losing all your friends and enduring night terrors are completely acceptable occurrences — as long as you keep your grades up.

7. It is extremely romantic to put yourself in dangerous situations in order to see your ex-boyfriend again. It’s even more romantic to remember the sound of his voice when he yelled at you.

8. Boys who leave you always come back.

9. Because they come back, you should hold out, waiting for them for months, even when completely acceptable and less-abusive alternative males present themselves.

10. Even though you have no intention of dating an alternative male who expresses interest in you, it is fine to string the young man along for months. Also, you should use him to fix things for you. Maybe he’ll even buy you something.

11. You should use said male to fix things because girls are incapable of anything mechanical or technical.

12. Lying to your parents is fine. Lying to your parents while you run away to save
your suicidal boyfriend is an extremely good idea that shows your strength and maturity. Also, it is what you must do. Lol

13. Car theft in the service of love is acceptable.

14. If the boy you are in love with causes you (even indirectly) to be so badly beaten you end up in the hospital, you should tell the doctors and your family that you “fell down the steps” because you are such a silly, clumsy girl. That false explanation always works well for abused women. Lol

15. Men can be changed for the better if you sacrifice everything you are and devote yourself to their need for change.

16. Young women should make no effort to improve their social skills or emotional state. Instead, they should seek out potential mates that share their morose deficiencies and emotional illnesses.

17. Girls shouldn’t always read a book series just because everyone else has.

18. When writing a book series, it’s acceptable to lift seminal source material and bastardize it with tired, overwrought teenage angst. Xyxthumbs

19. When making or watching a major feature film, you should gleefully embrace
the 20 minutes of plot it provides in between extended segments of vacant-eyed silence and self-indulgent, moaning banter.

20. Vampires — once among the great villains of literature and motion pictures — are no longer scary. In fact, they’re every bit as whiny, self-absorbed and impotent as any human being.
God it is bad.

Girlfriend made me watch it. Very painful.
yeah...it brings up all those 12 year old girls in women of all ages, is that bad :rolleyes:
Applause @ 8-Bits' Top 20 Hahaha

Not seen it - my fiancee loves the book, but admitted the film was crap. In reaction to this, she's going to watch the sequel on saturday
Sorry, didn't read the thread but I figured it would be a good place to post this.

[Image: excuses.png]
lol Ben my thoughts exactly
Sparkly vampires with great hair.

Do not want.
Hahaha will share this with some of the kids I teach, some of whom adore Twilight!
I haven't seen this movie or read book, but it seems to be awfully popular. Can someone explain - why?
IMDb and RottenTomatoes ratings are rather low or mediocre.
At the risk of sounding sexist they are chick flicks. Emo dressed up as horror-lite for female teenagers and wistful mums.

Most reviews go along the lines of "Phwoar, he's fit."

Thats as deep as it gets.
A workmate of mine did a RomCom marathon for charity- watching terrible romantic comedies for 24 hours straight. He did a blog whilst he did the marathon. Read from the bottom up, it's very entertaining

http://eddiepurple.blogspot.com/
^ cheers for the link, stuff like that is usually hilarious Grin
beatssauce
It's a fantasy for girls. Boys endlessly consume fantasies about blowing people's heads off. What makes this more deserving of criticism? Roll
Keep JUMPin ya Bastids
It doesnt have any heads getitng blown off.

Youre only defending it because your an emo vampire wannabe.
Naphta Wrote:It's a fantasy for girls. Boys endlessly consume fantasies about blowing people's heads off. What makes this more deserving of criticism? Roll

fair point. although the top 20 did make me laugh. Lol
that list is pretty spot on Xyxthumbs

i watched this with a chick last year and got laid after- the sex was amazing but it still wasn't worth sitting through this piece of dreadful trash

edit: im wasted and gotta be real, there's a new twilight movie out now- id sit thru that shit to f with that girl again Teef
imo, I didn't think it was that bad, and the hype makes sense... It's certainly not a cinematic gem, but the producers/director team have the formula worked out well enough.
this thread needs more

[Image: snipshot_e4obnd0j9hg.jpg]
Keep JUMPin ya Bastids
Definately havent seen this yet and i am the queen of chick flicks! Woot
Ill be sure to refer to this movie and your list before the next huge mistake in my love life. Lol
Jason oS Wrote:imo, I didn't think it was that bad, and the hype makes sense... It's certainly not a cinematic gem, but the producers/director team have the formula worked out well enough.

You saw this?

:O)
adist Wrote:A workmate of mine did a RomCom marathon for charity- watching terrible romantic comedies for 24 hours straight. He did a blog whilst he did the marathon. Read from the bottom up, it's very entertaining

http://eddiepurple.blogspot.com/

Kind of makes me want to see Gigli.
what is this?
raise cain Wrote:
Jason oS Wrote:imo, I didn't think it was that bad, and the hype makes sense... It's certainly not a cinematic gem, but the producers/director team have the formula worked out well enough.

You saw this?

:O)

yeah - when we got back from Japan we had TERRIBLE insomnia... was on at 3 am... regardless its in the same class as Lost Boys and other silly teen flicks. For that class of movie it was quite good. As previously stated tho - its not an incredible movie, just well done for what it is. btw - not talking about the new one here, just the first thats been around for a couple years now.
Naphta Wrote:this thread needs more

[Image: snipshot_e4obnd0j9hg.jpg]

whats that?
Hahaha you all sound like a bunch of girls standing outside the theatre yammering about the movie lol

personally, i think she shoulda went indigenous instead of going back to the milky white guy. . .

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  History lessons...Pirate tapes on mixcloud, starting with 1989 firefinga 3 3,706 3rd July 2015, 20:17
Last Post: MetaLX
  Girls and their taste in music. Ashes 71 18,348 11th September 2014, 09:17
Last Post: widzhit
  SB81 - Twilight Mix [23.09.13] SB81 0 871 23rd September 2013, 22:35
Last Post: SB81
  what insanity could be had when you mix two german girls and some bikes cube 12 3,305 22nd January 2010, 08:44
Last Post: Euphony
  Something we can all learn about online civility socialengineer 7 2,254 31st December 2009, 01:22
Last Post: socialengineer