Remove a track from history

151 Replies, 35605 Views

Hayden Wrote:wellllllllllllllll fellas I recommend a listen to the track that guitar sample came from. go on, give it a go Wink

it doesn't do marky any credit (because the sampling is so blatant), but it's a very good tune and the vibe does come through in the instrumental of lk

(actually we got marky and stamina here next weekend, and I JUST CAN'T WAIT to hear the live vox version hehe)

I think you misunderstand me, and probably Stackula as well! I can handle lashings o' cheese in my jungle if the rest of what's going on in a track has some balls and some smarts! ('Lighter' springs to mind, or 'The Burial') But when the beats are reduced to a backbeat etc., then the cheese is left standing alone and it starts to stink something rotten!
Matt Wrote:The Nine, Warhead, Spaced Invader are all good tunes in their own way,

Yes - it's just that 'their own way' happens to be shit.

Quote:they just happen to be not made for the purpose of beating off to in your bedroom Grin

Yawn - the usual response to a criticism of something popular - i.e. 'c'mon man get in with the crowd, what's wrong with kids having a good time..?' etc. YEAH MAN, AND BON JOVI ROCK TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! STOP HATING ON THEM!!!!!!!!!!! AND LIMP BIZKIT!!!
Quote:I spose they have all spawned some terrible imitators though

With good reason - they were all SHITE. SHITE breeds SHITE. I never heard Babylon or Renegade Snares spawning any terrible imitators... hmmmm, I wonder why.....?
statto Wrote:no

i hate it because it's the worst record ever made!!!!!!!!

[Image: rant.gif]

no, this is the worst record ever made... and that's official

[Image: b000002w8q.01._pe_scmzzzzzzz_.gif]

"we built this city" from "knee deep in the hoopla" by "starship"

http://www.usatoday.com/life/music/news/...ongs_x.htm

Hahaha
look, i got one word for you ......

SHELLAC.
LACQUER.
[Image: 82588-music-resized200.JPG]
send fi de hacksaw[Image: archangel-michael-holy-card.jpg]
Naphta Wrote:I think you misunderstand me, and probably Stackula as well! I can handle lashings o' cheese in my jungle if the rest of what's going on in a track has some balls and some smarts! ('Lighter' springs to mind, or 'The Burial') But when the beats are reduced to a backbeat etc., then the cheese is left standing alone and it starts to stink something rotten!

oh no no no I was taking issue with the 70s comedy guitar bit because I disagree... the source track for the guitar is this really raw folky kind of thing, it's great

I can overlook weak beats if the overall vibe is there - I quite like the instrumental version, but would be extremely unlikely to put needle to vinyl on the vocal version...
this is a tough one. which tune made it acceptable to loop one simple idea for 7 minutes without playing around with the structure to keep it interesting? it seems like people in '98 started copying ed rush, optical, and matrix without noticing the detail (and FUNK) that made their work great, instead of sterile. i could go without any of those boring 2-step '98 twisted bass noise records
scart ridge Wrote:this is a tough one. which tune made it acceptable to loop one simple idea for 7 minutes without playing around with the structure to keep it interesting? it seems like people in '98 started copying ed rush, optical, and matrix without noticing the detail (and FUNK) that made their work great, instead of sterile. i could go without any of those boring 2-step '98 twisted bass noise records

Absolute Zero + Subphonics "The Code"

People always go on about The Nine but this is the real roots techy-loop tune. A good enough tune in itself but it had a detrimental effect...
Logos Wrote:Absolute Zero + Subphonics "The Code"

People always go on about The Nine but this is the real roots techy-loop tune. A good enough tune in itself but it had a detrimental effect...

i know the one, and that's exactly what i'm talking about Smile

a friend of mine left his records with me while he went off gallavanting, and had a sizable selection of TOV/RH stuff, none of which i'd actually heard. i listened to it, and it's almost ALL like that! Icon_sad Icon_sad
Logos Wrote:Absolute Zero + Subphonics "The Code"

funny that, given that it was Fresh & Vegas who wrote it.. Teef
[Image: dsbanner.jpg]
tyranny Wrote:.... and the imminent metal and gabber fuelled nu-darkside backlash which will ensure that by 2006 drum and bass is enjoyed only in the smallest of cellars by a small male dominated crowd of misanthropic sociopaths.

dern, well articulated. also haf to say the entire 'n2o' catalog should be deleted. there's more in my head......but this label falls into similar category in the US regarding raggacore hardstep anti-music.....i don't know i'm confused...cheers music lovers
scart ridge Wrote:this is a tough one. which tune made it acceptable to loop one simple idea for 7 minutes without playing around with the structure to keep it interesting? it seems like people in '98 started copying ed rush, optical, and matrix without noticing the detail (and FUNK) that made their work great, instead of sterile. i could go without any of those boring 2-step '98 twisted bass noise records

Exactly.......Definitely agree with you on this....

A lot of derivative 2 step tunes were out in 98/99....cant remember most of them now...(probably because I never bought em and only listened to em once!!)

Renegade hardware had quite a few 2 step tunes out during that time....the first one i remember was......Future forces and fierce - constant / imprint...a lot of djs used to play it....but i never really liked it that much

I hated all the Mampi swift tunes during that period

I stopped buying anything on ram after the Molten beats LP.....the ram raiders ep's I particularly dislike....most of em sound like a sort of 2 step techno music????

Bad company...the nine, fear ep...........
ARRGHH!!!!!!!!!! Twisted Twisted
pieter Wrote:a beer for statto.

[Image: em82.gif]
SETI Wrote:no, this is the worst record ever made... and that's official

[Image: b000002w8q.01._pe_scmzzzzzzz_.gif]

"we built this city" from "knee deep in the hoopla" by "starship"

http://www.usatoday.com/life/music/news/...ongs_x.htm

Hahaha

No way! Thats a great record!! "We Didn't Start The Fire" is much, much worse. Smile

http://www.hardscore.com/articles/lazerdrome/
classic thread! statto's hatred for "imagine" makes me very happy.
also, i like steve albini for being an opinionated jerk even if i think he's totally wrong. digital recording and production obliterates a lot of what he ranted about being wrong with the record industry......
Golden Girl was the worst dnb record ever. Ever.
MetaLX Wrote:Golden Girl was the worst dnb record ever. Ever.

Mc conrad?
beats are there to be broken http://musicindevon.org/
American Pie is as bad as Imagine and it goes on for 15 times as long.
scart ridge Wrote:classic thread! statto's hatred for "imagine" makes me very happy.

Wave
noisemonkey Wrote:
MetaLX Wrote:Golden Girl was the worst dnb record ever. Ever.

Mc conrad?

Aye, thats the one. gets under my skin, wish it never came out, it completely ruined an already lackluster label for me. im probably one of the biggest GLR heads out there and respect Conrad as one of my fav mcs but that release is kack. id rather stab screwdrivers in my ears than have to listen to that blasted tune.
Valley of the shadows.
Mutant Revisited.
Molten Beats was pretty tedious
Mampi Swift - The One makes me leave the dancefloor everytime..
beats are there to be broken http://musicindevon.org/
Pulp Fiction!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  white mark on vinyl (can't remove) brandz 12 3,930 14th April 2011, 22:23
Last Post: noisemonkey
  I will REMOVE the f***ing toilet seat if you dont shut up djneils 1 1,562 25th September 2008, 21:11
Last Post: kris
  Granny told to remove hat in pub 8bits 0 932 10th March 2006, 14:12
Last Post: 8bits
  How to remove Wildtangent Spy/Adware? denaris 7 2,223 26th February 2005, 21:02
Last Post: Ashes
  Attn Statto - Remove Klute Metalheadz Mix Bladerunna 33 7,842 1st December 2004, 13:25
Last Post: Macc