Subvert Central

Full Version: Gaming frenzy, what have you been playing recently?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47
Macc Wrote:What a brilliant little game Portal is. Just finished it, what a quality game.

Stayed through the genius song at the end?
Yes Hahaha
Half Life 2 Icon_eek

I know I am years behind, but my goodness. This game is utterly utterly magnificent. Struggling to think of a better FPS, to be honest. Utterly brilliant.
super street fighter IV in 19 days [Image: hyper.gif]

Macc Wrote:Half Life 2 Icon_eek

I know I am years behind, but my goodness. This game is utterly utterly magnificent. Struggling to think of a better FPS, to be honest. Utterly brilliant.

definetley the best FPS ive ever played

finally got round to playing episode 1 & 2 last weekend aswell

episode 2's amazing
Ep1 is awesome!
Waiting for steam to come to mac in the summer so I can finish an play ep2 Smile
I thought episode one seemed a bit short, still really good though
skate 3 demo todAY Hyper
panda Wrote:skate 3 demo todAY Hyper

Cant wait yay
safetyboy Wrote:

Cant wait yay

post ur hot vidz

Just tried out the new higher camera angle and the new hard difficulty setting.

The camera angle is good, hope you can swap between the 2 during play because I can see good points in both.
The hard difficulty setting is a lot harder! I wasn't hitting as many grinds as I normally do and you have to be a lot more accurate with the position of your board when you land.

Pushing felt a bit slow and jerky, not sure if that's a demo thing or a harder control method thing.
Haven't played it through a second time on the normal control and normal camera to see how it feels up against Skate 2 yet so can't really comment overall yet.

Sort of wish they'd given no time limit and less stuff to do on the demo though, one of the joys of Skate is just idling about doing your own thing and you're sort of rushed trying to squeeze in as much as you can in 20 minutes.
yeah skate 3 demo is the lick! in case you don't know if you select an online private match with a friend it opens up a few more areas at the university.

ben & panda, what platform do you guys play on? if it's xbox you should join safetyboy and i for some online play Wink
I'll see you on there - a complete skate n00b but I'll see you on there for some o dat!
Skate 3 is better again Icon_yippee
@ esb Wave

PS3 here, so no online between us unfortunately.

Right, so I had a second go on the demo today, this time on classic control and classic view and it's just like 2 only feeling a bit better.

I like the fact you don't slow right down when you try to run up stairs and generally getting on and off the board feels a load better.

Did the initial trick into the bank, hall of meat and then the 6 related challenges and had it cut out on me doing a second hall of meat trying to bail into dumpsters from the top of the clock tower.

Can't wait for it to come out, along with Mod Nation Racers too. Grin
hall of meat suxxxxxx
safetyboy Wrote:hall of meat suxxxxxx

Bit of a pointless thing to stick in the demo really, only did the first one to progress to whatever comes next.

Online is where it's at with the demo though.
Got paired up with another couple of good skaters earlier and destroyed the competition 3 - 0
Then ended up with a pair of novices and got beaten 2 - 1 cos they didn't finish the grind 4 planters or the 2,000 points grind challenge.

Looking forward to the full release now!
played the demo round my mates the other night,
has anyone got tazered yet? i started punching some old lady by pressing left on the d-pad (i think) and she shot me down hard! also i tried punching some bum and he done an odd jig.. also i found that if you punch the guy who gives you challenges he responds with a friendly wave, whaddaguy!
Dissonance Wrote:played the demo round my mates the other night,
has anyone got tazered yet? i started punching some old lady by pressing left on the d-pad (i think) and she shot me down hard! also i tried punching some bum and he done an odd jig.. also i found that if you punch the guy who gives you challenges he responds with a friendly wave, whaddaguy!

Yeah that's a carry over from skate 2. If you punch or accost male ped they chase you down. if you do it to a women ped they taze you bro. Mama Baboushka as I like to call her (old Russian women) punched me out last night and sent me down the bank where you do the thrasher challenge. I tried to upload it as a funny clip but the EA servers are wack right now because of all the traffic.
GTA Episodes on the PC is ridiculous. looks like jesus himself shat beauty all over your screen
zelda: twilight princess on the game cube, really enjoying it
Columns 3 on the sega megadrive.
never played them types of games when i was younger, too bizzy with altered beast, golden axe, r-type etc.
addictive game once you start getting good at it.
NBA 2K10

best basketball game ive ever played

going from nba live to this is a bit like it was going from fifa to pro evo if that makes sense
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47